Booking Terms and Conditions
When you are reserving your stay with us, it means that you are accepting and taking full responsibility of these booking terms and conditions so please read them carefully.
To confirm a booking we need a deposit payment of 35% of the full amount, which is to be received within 5 working days from your booking date. Deposits (and balances) can be paid by cash or by local Maltese cheques, foreign cheques and bank drafts are not accepted.
If a deposit is not received in time we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you.
The remaining balance is payable in euro cash or via local bank cheque, upon check in when the keys are handed over.
In some cases and at our discretion, on arrival we ask for a €300 security deposit which we will hold for the duration of your stay. The €300 can be paid by cash or cheque. If paying by cheque please note we only accept cheques from local Maltese banks.
The security deposit will be refunded back where possible upon check out or else within three days of your departure provided the following provisions are met;
- No damage is done to the property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to illegal activity.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in the rubbish bin and soiled dishes are cleaned.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure
- No linens are lost or damaged
- The guests are not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or local law enforcement.
Number of persons
The number of adults and children staying at and making use of the property must not exceed the number you gave us at the time of booking. If after booking you decide to increase the number of persons in your party please send us a request by email. Extra charges may apply.
Smoking is not allowed inside the properties; it is allowed in the balconies or next to the pool area. Any damages caused by smoking inside, is the sole responsibility of the guest and all damages has to be paid for by the guest.
Pets are not allowed in the apartments. They are allowed in the houses against a damage deposit fee which ranges from 50-100 eur per pet, depending on it’s size. Kindly note that you would need to provide sheets for your pet as using the property sheets/bedspreads is not permitted because of the fur.
In case of no damages, the money will be returned to the guest either upon check out or else within 3 days from the guest departure date. We try to settle the damage deposit at check out, but due to having back to back check outs and check ins especially in summer season, this would not always be possible.
Check-in and check-out times
Check-in time is not earlier than 13.30p.m. while check out time is not later than 11:00a.m. While these are our standard times we reserve the right to make any necessary changes to these times according to the property requirements. At the time of booking do give us your preferred check-in/out times and we will do our best to accommodate you, however if you would like to check out in the afternoon/evening you would need to inform us prior booking and extra fees apply. If you are travelling from overseas please provide us with your flight details so we can set up your holiday better.
Overseas travellers are required to provide for themselves all necessary insurance against personal injury, theft, cancellation, delay, etc.
You may cancel your booking once it has been confirmed but the instructions will only be valid if put in writing, either by email or post.
Any deposits and balance paid cannot be refunded for any reason.
Our liability to you
We promise to provide your accommodation with reasonable skill and care. We do not accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your accommodation arrangements is not caused by any fault of ours.
When we talk about “fault” above, this means failure by ourselves to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following;
- The fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- The fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your accommodation by us which we could not have predicted or avoided
- An event or circumstance which we could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care.
In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your stay or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your stay or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business.
Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services that do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
Access to Property from the management
During your stay the management may need to access the property for various reasons, mainly for any maintenance issues and cleaning of pool. We reserve the right to access the property at any reasonable time but will endeavour to notify you prior to each visit, where possible.
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by you or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”.
In these Booking Terms and Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the services in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
Complaints and problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your stay, you must immediately inform us. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. In this case, we kindly ask you to call us immediately on the mobile number provided instead of sending any emails or text messages since emails sent after office hours, will be replied to the next working day.
You accept full responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid directly to us at the time. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any legal costs we incur in full in recovering full payment from you.
We expect all our guests to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion, you or any member of your party behaves in a way such as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to the property we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the occupation of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s). No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
We strive to keep our accommodation as child friendly as possible. However do note that most of our holiday accommodations are old farmhouses. Children are to be accompanied by an adult at all times especially while in the pool and pool deck or near balconies or stairs.
What’s included in your holiday:
Accommodation rates include;
- Self-catering occupation of the accommodation as described in the individual accommodation description.
- A welcome food pack for overseas travellers on bookings exceeding 5 nights stay.
- Bed linen all year round and blankets for each bed for winter bookings.
- Bath towels for overseas travellers. It is not permitted to use bath towels for the pool or beach. We suggest you bring beach towels.
- Utilities such as water, electricity and gas.
- Weekly maid service on bookings exceeding 7 nights stay.
- Free Wi-Fi available in all properties. Please ask the owners upon arrival to show you where you can find the username and password. All internet connections have a fair usage policy and have a maximum download allowance.
- All our accommodation rates are inclusive of VAT.
- Air condition units in the bedrooms are all linked to a separate electric card meter/coin meter which reads the energy consumption in kWh. Any air-conditioning units can be used by inserting a pre-paid card in the electric meter which can be obtained from the management or by inputting coins.
- Extra Maid Services on request at an extra charge.
- Gas/Radiator Heaters on request at an extra charge.
- Airport transfers, Taxis and Car Hire are available upon request at an extra charge.
Handing over of Keys
On your arrival day we will meet you and the village square of the property booked and then you will follow the management to the accommodation so that the property can be showed to you and keys handed over.
All keys must be left on the dining table inside the property and all doors and windows must be closed and all lights must be switched off, upon check out.